Career Opportunities – Leadership Programs Officer
Aspen Institute Romania is currently looking for a talented person to join our team as a Leadership Programs Officer.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and a résumé (both in English) as PDF documents atno later than August 1, 2018. Please mention the position applied for in the e-mail subject line.
The Institute will consider all applications and invite a selection of candidates for interview, which will be conducted in English.
Under the general supervision of the Leadership Programs Coordinator and supported by contractors, partners and interns, the Leadership Programs Officer will be responsible for:
• Assisting in planning and delivering on-site as well as off-site activities and events, which will include coordinating arrangements for participants, negotiating with suppliers, handling logistics, budgeting, preparing and disseminating materials, post-event reporting;
• Coordinating logistical aspects of the organization of the Young Leaders Program, Aspen Seminar for Leaders and other leadership programs, including receiving application files, liaising with applicants and responding to inquiries, scheduling interviews and managing complex calendars over a number of time zones;
• Providing communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including: acting as liaison with internal & external partners, taking and distributing minutes of meetings; working proactively and taking initiative to support the varying needs of the department;
• Creating, updating and/or maintaining organized files and records, including large databases;
• Supporting the rest of the Aspen team in ensuring positive engagement with all Aspen generated networks of alumni and communities of partners and collaborators;
• Cooperating with the Aspen team and partners in delivering large scale, complex public events.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA or MA degree in a relevant field of study and a sound knowledge of current global issues;
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in project/event management. Financial and/or administrative experience is highly desirable;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English;
• Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software;
• Excellent organizational, administrative, financial and analytical skills are required;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills in collaborating and communicating effectively with others;
• Ability to function under pressure with minimal supervision and handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
• Initiative and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with conflicting and changing priorities;
• Willingness to travel extensively throughout the year, in Romania and abroad.