The Public Policy Programs of the Aspen Institute Romania seek to improve the formation of policy through transparent, non-partisan, evidence-based, multiple stakeholders’ dialogue. Based on the Aspen Method, our programs offer public decision-makers, private stakeholders and representatives of the non-governmental and academic sectors an exceptional platform for reflection, aiming to reach consensus on concrete policy recommendations in Romania’s most relevant policy fields.
By engaging with public decision-makers from the start of the reflection process, in an informal and informed dialogue, mutual ownership of our policy recommendations is fostered.
Under the framework of our programs, after establishing a dedicated program community of approximately 25 – 30 leaders from the public, private, non-governmental and academic sector, we aim to achieve during a program iteration the following deliverables:
- Establish a Program Taskforce of program partners, identifying the program themes and the agenda of program activities;
- Thematic closed doors and public workshops debating the main themes established in the task force;
- A White Paper with policy recommendations to the relevant decision-makers, based on the conclusions of the discussions taking place during the thematic program workshops, to be presented to the relevant decision-makers during a prominent international public setting;
- A Public International Event presenting the program outcomes and recommendations to a broader audience and to the general public;
- A Custom Aspen Leadership Seminar, challenging the members of the program community (including public decision-makers) to debate contemporary key challenges faced by leaders from that particular sector.
Counting on the constant engagement of the wider AIR community, composed of members, fellows and alumni in contributing with their vast expertise to the success, depth and outreach of our programs, we warmly encourage all interested parties to join our Policy Programs.
For more details concerning our Policy Programs and the exiting cooperation opportunities please contact the AIR Policy Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspen Healthcare & Quality of Life Program
Aspen Institute Romania Healthcare & Quality of Life Program aims to broaden the scope of the debate on health policy, support sustainable reform in the health sector and develop a program community involving the public and private sector as well as civil society and academia.
Aspen Economic Opportunities & Financing the Economy Program
The Program aims to formulate public policy recommendations regarding investment prioritization, public and private resources mobilization and complex projects implementation capacity.
Aspen Technology & Society Program
The Public Policy Programs of the Aspen Institute Romania seek to improve the formation of policy through transparent, non-partisan, evidence based, multiple stakeholders’ dialogue.
Aspen Energy & Sustainability Program
The Program debates key energy topics and ways of advancing environmental sustainability in a technological world.
Aspen Governance & Society Program
One of the flagship programs of the Aspen Institute Romania, aiming to foster good governance and increase the social responsibility of decision-makers in Romania.
Aspen Sports & Society Program / Joacă Pentru Viaţă
Joacă pentru Viaţă Program, inspired by Project Play Aspen US, is an exercise of reflection for leaders, aiming to stimulate involvement, promote a platform for non-partisan dialogue and identify solutions that help sport serve the public interest, with a focus on the development of healthy children and communities.
Aspen Future of Work Initiative
The aim of this nonpartisan effort is to identify concrete ways to address the challenges the Romanian workforce and society will face considering the Industry 4.0 revolution.
Team Romania / Aspen Romania Strategy Group
The program provides support to national institutions, a series of roundtable debates with key decision-makers.