Mr. Ion Sturza is currently Founder and Chairman of the Board of the investment group “Fribourg Capital”, with presence in several countries in Europe, with extending business in private equity.
Mr. Sturza is co-founder of the Foreign Policy Association of Moldova (APE), a leader in community of experts in “Foreign Policy Issues”.
Also, he is the founder and honorary chairman of the charity fund “Foundation Family Sturza”, with the charitable activities in the field of Education, and scholarship programs for high school students, social programs (including child protection), supporting cultural programs.
Mr. Ion Sturza is part of the Board of Directors of several foundations and international companies.
Over the period since 1977 till present Mr. Ion Sturza has held various functions such as:
– Director and Deputy-Director of the Foreign Trade Company “Moldex”(1987-1991);
– President and General Manager of the company“Incon”(1992-1997);
– Member of Parliament, Minister of Economy, Deputy Prime Minister, Prime Minister of The Republic of Moldova(1998-1999);
– General Manager of “Rompetrol Moldova”(2001-2004);
– Vice President, Deputy CEO and member of the Board of “Rompetrol Group”, Netherlands (2004-2009).
Ion Sturza was born on the 09th of May in Pirjolteni village, The Republic of Moldova. He has graduated the Faculty of Economy from the State University of The Republic of Moldova. He is married and has two children.