Job Opening – Leadership Programs Assistant
Aspen Institute Romania is currently looking for a talented person to join our team as a Leadership Programs Assistant.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter (maximum 1 page long) and a résumé (not longer than 3 pages), both in English, as PDF documents at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15, 2021. Please mention the position applied for in the e-mail subject line.
The Institute will consider all applications and invite a selection of candidates for an online interview, which will be conducted in English.
Under the general supervision of the Leadership Programs Manager, the LPA will be responsible for:
- Assisting in planning and delivering on-site and online activities and seminars, which will include coordinating arrangements for participants, negotiating with suppliers, handling logistics, budgeting, preparing and disseminating materials, post-event reporting;
- Coordinating logistical aspects of the organization of the leadership programs, including receiving application files, liaising with applicants and responding to inquiries, scheduling interviews and managing complex calendars over a number of time zones;
- Providing support to the Community Engagement Officer in constantly updating the database of fellows and alumni of the Leadership Programs and in ensuring the communication with the Aspen community of fellows and alumni;
- Providing communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including: acting as liaison with internal & external partners, taking and distributing minutes of meetings; working proactively and taking initiative to support the varying needs of the department;
- Providing support in the elaboration of various reports regarding the implementation of the leadership programs;
- Creating, updating and/or maintaining organized files and records;
- Supporting the rest of the Aspen team in ensuring positive engagement with all Aspen generated networks of alumni and communities of partners and collaborators, in the context of large scale, complex public events and various other activities within the Public Policy Programs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA or MA degree in a relevant field of study and a thorough understanding of current socio-economic issues at national, European and global level;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in project/ event management. Financial and/ or administrative experience is highly desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in spoken and written Romanian and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Proficient in the use of online platforms for audio-video meetings and events;
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, financial and analytical skills are required;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in collaborating and communicating effectively with various categories of stakeholders;
- Ability to function under pressure with minimal supervision and handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Initiative and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with conflicting and changing priorities;
- Willingness to work flexible hours (sometimes during weekends), according to different seminar periods;
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the year in Romania, for the organization of the leadership seminars, depending on the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.