Job Opening – Public & Policy Programs Assistant
Aspen Institute Romania is currently looking for a talented person to join our team as a Public & Policy Programs Assistant (administrative and logistics position).
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV (not longer than 2 pages), both in English, as PDF documents at email@example.com no later than September 26, 2022. Please mention the position applied for in the e-mail subject line.
The Institute will consider all applications and invite a selection of candidates for an interview, which will be conducted in English.
Under the general supervision of the Public Programs Manager and Public Policy Programs Manager, and in coordination with the Public & Policy Programs Officer, the Public & Policy Programs Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in planning and delivering on-site and online activities, workshops and conferences, which will include coordinating arrangements for speakers (accommodation, transfers etc.), negotiating with suppliers, handling logistics, budgeting, preparing and disseminating materials, post-event reporting;
- Creating, updating and/or maintaining organized files and records;
- Handling logistical aspects of the organization of the public events and policy programs, including drafting invitations, liaising with participants and speakers, responding to inquiries and managing complex calendars over a number of time zones;
- Providing support to the Public Programs & Events and the Public Policy Programs team in constantly updating the database of speakers, stakeholders, participants and other parties involved in the programs;
- Providing communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including: acting as liaison with internal & external partners, taking and distributing minutes of meetings; working proactively and taking initiative to support the varying needs of the department;
- Providing support in the elaboration of various reports, including post-conference reports;
- Supporting the rest of the Aspen team in ensuring positive engagement with all Aspen generated networks and communities of partners and collaborators, in the context of large scale, complex activities in- and outside the department.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in spoken and written Romanian and English; knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- Minimum BA degree in a relevant field of study and basic understanding of current socio-economic issues at national, European and global level;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in project/ event management. Financial and/ or administrative experience is highly desirable;
- Proficient in the use of online platforms for audio-video meetings and events (e.g. Zoom);
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software, basic knowledge of photo editing;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, financial and analytical skills are required;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in collaborating and communicating effectively with various categories of stakeholders;
- Ability to function under pressure with minimal supervision and handle numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Initiative and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with conflicting and changing priorities;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, according to different events and programs scheduling.