Aspen Dialogues: The New Climate Economy
Thursday, June 17th, 2021 | 15:30 – 17:30 EET
About the Webinar
The webinar, organized by Aspen Institute Romania under the aegis of the New Economy and Society Program, the Energy & Sustainability Program, and the Aspen Dialogues series of webinars, will focus on the New Climate Economy. It aims to address the way in which our economic model has to cater to climate goals, and what this means for businesses in Romania. On one hand there is a clear shift towards new means of production and consumption, which affect the way in which we live and work as citizens, employees, and consumers. On the other hand, there is a notable impact on the way the private sector can pursue its productivity and profitability targets. New ways of quantifying the output of entrepreneurial activities in terms of sustainability require new financing tools and methods. The larger macroeconomic impact of the green transition on the national economy is thus the sum of parts, and focused conversations are needed in order to chart out the way forward for each stakeholder in our society. How will Romania meet the climate targets set by the European Union? What are the main economic opportunities provided by the green transition? How should the financial sector mediate the risks associated with the new economic model? Which are the leading sectors for investments in Romania in the new climate economy?
The webinar will take the form of a roundtable discussion with decision-makers, experts and leading representatives from the Romanian private sector, followed by a moderated Q&A session based on questions from participants.
- Dan Dragoş Drăgan, Secretary of State, Ministry of Energy
- Alexandra-Maria Bocşe, State Adviser, Department of Climate and Sustainability, Presidential Administration
- Ştefan-Radu Oprea, Senator, Parliament of Romania
- Angela Carabaş, Head of International Financial Cooperation Unit, Ministry of Finance
- Dragoș Neamțu, Project Manager, Department for Industrial Policies and Competitiveness, Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Tourism
- Florian Neagu, Deputy Director, Financial Stability Directorate, National Bank of Romania
- Giuseppe Zammarchi, Head of Group Sustainability, UniCredit
- Cristian Sporiş, Head of Corporate Banking, Raiffeisen Bank
Moderator: Clara Volintiru, Bucharest Academy of Economic Sciences / Program Director, Aspen New Economy and Society Program