Ukraine’s Defense of Freedom: a conversation with our partner Aspen Institute Kyiv (online webinar)
Thursday 28 April | 14:00 – 15:30 EET
The webinar is designed in partnership with Aspen Institute Kyiv in order to build a live conversation with Ukrainian, Romanian and EU officials. The Ukrainian speakers will be able to share their first-hand experience in dealing with this most tremendous war of the 21st century, while the discussions will also address the implications of the current context on the Romanian and European countries and societies. Following Russia’s illegal military aggression against Ukraine, the economic strangulation of Ukraine’s economy has repercussions on a global scale – from agriculture to steel. Over 4 million refugees have found temporary respite in Europe thanks to the human kindness which met them at the border.
The webinar is part of an ongoing effort that the Aspen Institute Kyiv has been leading since the inception of the crisis in supporting the Ukrainian endeavour to end the war which has already taken the lives of tens of thousands people, making one of every two children displaced from their homes. Thus, the Aspen Institute Romania, as well as the larger network of the Aspen Institutes throughout the world, joined this mission of increasing awareness on the impact of the war in Ukraine and of shedding light onto one of the most extraordinary crises of our times.
- Sergiu Manea, Acting President, Aspen Institute Romania
- Yuliya Tychkivska, Executive Director, Aspen Institute Kyiv
- Alona Shkrum, Member of Parliament of Ukraine
- Natalie Jaresko, Chairperson of the Aspen Institute Kyiv Supervisory Board, Former Minister of Finance of Ukraine (2014-2016)
- Ana Cătăuță, Member of the Chamber of Deputies, Romanian Parliament & Aspen Fellow
- Siegfried Mureșan, Vice-Chair, Group of the European People’s Party, European Parliament
Ionuț Stanimir, Director of Marketing and Communication, Banca Comerciala Romana & Aspen Fellow
The webinar format will be a moderated discussion between panellists, followed by a Q&A session based on questions received from participants.